Beginner Group Skating Lessons in London for Adults
Skatefresh is currently operating with small group classes (maximum 10 skaters) for Beginner and Improver levels. This allows us to follow social distancing guidelines safely.
PLEASE NOTE: These lessons are suitable for inline and quad/roller skaters
About These Lessons
Never skated before and scared of falling?
Skated years ago and want to start again?
Can skate but can’t stop?
Avoid injury and embarrassment by learning with a professional instructor.
Learn to skate safely without falling.
Learn to skate forwards, stop and turn in your first lesson.
Learning to skate should not be ‘trial and error’.
What Will You Learn?
- On-grass basics;
How to fall correctly
Skating positions (feet and body)
How to prevent falling
- How to skate absolutely right so that falling is rare.
- Basic Movement - Slow, gentle, controlled and conscious skating.
- Safety position while rolling
- Plough Stop - Your first simple stop.
- Heel Brake Stop – The essential stop for beginners on INLINE skates. If you choose to skate without a brake you will be at a huge disadvantage with only the Plough Stop available.
- Toe Stop Drag Stop - The essential stop for beginners on ROLLER skates. Please make sure you have your toe stoppers in so we can teach you how to use them correctly.
If you are very anxious about skating or very fearful of falling, we recommend a private lesson for your first time on skates. This means you can go at your own pace.
After completing our Beginner group lesson most people with some practice continue to our Improver class, while others may feel that they need more revision with the basic skills and opt to repeat the Beginner class at another time.
What people say about our beginner skating lessons
“Many thanks for the class on Saturday – it was just great. So lovely to be learning something again and she’s such a brilliant teacher – I had a wonderful afternoon and have been boring friends and family about it ever since! I now have the confidence to head out to the park with my 7 yr old, knowing it will be fun and not catastrophic!”
– Samantha (42)
Upcoming London Beginner Skate Lessons : Online Booking with Credit/Debit Card or PayPal
10% DISCOUNT WHEN BOOKING MORE THAN 1 GROUP LESSON
(Discount is automatically applied when lessons are added to cart)