The most important of ALL skills on inline & roller skates is how to stop and every skater should have several, high functioning stopping methods in their repertoire (to avoid accidents and injuries).
What you'll learn;
- Plough Stop (2 versions)
- T-Stop (so that it actually stops you)
- Turn Stops (various options)
- Soul Slide (the ‘forwards powerslide, used by the downhillers for a reason).
- Powerslide (from a forwards entry using your favourite transition and favourite sliding leg)
- Powerstop (or Turn stop variations)
- How to control your speed (for future use on slopes) by combining different stopping skills and how to come to a complete stop in an emergency.
The majority of skaters do not realise that by neglecting their stopping methods they not only increase their risks of falls and injuries but also reduce their learning of other skills such as speed skating, crossovers and street skating.
This 3 hr workshop is NOT suitable for beginners, who should focus 100% on mastering the Heel Brake Stop or Toe Stop Drag before any other methods.