Brighton Beginner Skate Lesson Sat 4 June 2022 @ 0930 – 1100
About These Lessons
Skated years ago and want to start again?
Can skate but can’t stop?
Avoid injury and embarrassment by learning with a professional instructor.
Learn to skate safely without falling.
Learn to skate forwards, stop and turn in your first lesson.
Learning to skate should not be ‘trial and error’.
What Will You Learn?
- On-grass basics;
How to fall correctly
Skating positions (feet and body)
How to prevent falling
- How to skate absolutely right so that falling is rare.
- Basic Movement - Slow, gentle, controlled and conscious skating.
- Safety position while rolling
- Plough Stop - Your first simple stop.
- Heel Brake Stop – The essential stop for beginners on INLINE skates. If you choose to skate without a brake you will be at a huge disadvantage with only the Plough Stop available.
- Toe Stop Drag Stop - The essential stop for beginners on ROLLER skates. Please make sure you have your toe stoppers in so we can teach you how to use them correctly.
If you are very anxious about skating or very fearful of falling, we recommend a private lesson for your first time on skates. This means you can go at your own pace.
After completing our Beginner group lesson most people with some practice continue to our Improver class, while others may feel that they need more revision with the basic skills and opt to repeat the Beginner class at another time.
PLEASE NOTE: The minimum age for these classes is 14yrs. If you require skate lessons for children below this age, please enquire about private lessons.
You will need to bring your own skates, wrist guards and knee pads as these are not supplied by Skatefresh
Click Here for Lesson Requirements page
If you cancel at least 48hrs before your lesson, we can offer you a refund or we can rebook you on another lesson.
If you give us at least 24 hours notice of your need to cancel, we will credit your payment toward a future class.
No refunds will be offered for cancellations less than 24hrs before the class.
COVID: If you test positive, to qualify for a future class, please send us a photo of your test or NHS ping screen.
Any questions? please see the FAQ's page orcontact us