Advanced (Wizard) Skating Lesson Sun 27 Mar 2022 1000 – 1300
About these advanced skate lessons
Want to get into the new world of #Wizardskating?
These advanced workshops with Asha will get to the technical heart of your skating, perfecting your stopping methods, backwards, transitions & combinations while identifying (and fixing) what's been holding you back.
Achieve your skating dreams (and avoid injury) by learning with one of the world’s top professional instructors. Asha has 21 years of experience teaching and 37 years skating
What will you learn?
Each class will begin with pre-requisite foundation skills for wizard skating (edge work, curves forwards & backwards, transitions revision etc).
A selection of the following skills will be taught in each class with a focus on sequencing and flow when individual moves are achieved.
- Forwards stopping methods that work from your highest speeds.
- Backward skating; Confident strides, safety for obstacles.
- Backward stopping methods; Backward Powerslide (forward entries), Backward T-stops (normal and inverted).
- F/B + B/F Two foot transitions (Gazelles)
- F/B + B/F Toe roll transitions (no name.....yet)
- F/B + B/F One foot transitions (Lions)
- Backward Crossovers
- Backward Crossunders
- Backward Inverted Mohawks
- Transition Combos eg. Barrel rolls, Gazelle circles.
- Jumps, Tricks, Pivots, Spins.
Advanced skills are not usually learned in a day. You will work through a logical ordering of exercises (for each skill) that will structure your practice to guarantee post-class success.
The way to get the most out of these classes is to attend them all, so that your skills are continuously being worked on and perfected and your wizard flows will develop with each class.
Prerequisite skills for this class are:
You need to be comfortable with general backwards skating and already be doing some kind of transition forwards to backwards and vice versa and have confident T-Stops and forward turns.
If you want to start backward skating, join our Intermediate Backwards & Transitions Lesson.