ICP Level 3 Certification
[soliloquy id=”2546″]The principal aim of the Level 3 course is to develop a deep knowledge base for instructors who wish to run their own skate schools and train their own instructors. Emphasis is placed on training course participants in “teaching-to-teach” so that they are equipped to train new instructors. The last day is comprised of “teach-to-teach” exams and a final skating skills exam.
The next ICP Level 3 course will take place in Europe during 2021 if there are enough candidates
The variety of teaching and skating experience provides a platform of learning and appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of all candidates. It is nearly impossible NOT to learn something new about skating, teaching, or yourself in this experience.
For those seasoned Level 2 instructors it offers the chance to truly instruct skating from the “teach to teach ” perspective as peer teaching and peer evaluation is the basis of the program.
Emphasis is placed on training course participants in “teaching-to-teach” by further developing their understanding of teaching methodology and skill development relative to inline skating. This in depth exploration will give them the “eye” and experience to train other instructors, and in the process, become better instructors themselves.
ACTIVITIES, WORKSHOPS & LECTURES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING*:
* Technical understanding and mechanics of inline skating
* Detection and correction of common errors in skating
* Mini sessions in Working with Children/Snowskates/Dance / Fitness /Slalom / Speed /Figure/Street
* Basic principals of anatomy and physiology related to skating
* Video analysis of Level 1 & Level 2 Skating Skills
* Peer teaching and evaluations
* Developing a skate school curriculum
* Skate school marketing
* Building a skating community
*Some of these offerings are subject to change based on the strengths of the individual examiners and the expressed interests of the collective candidate group.
PRACTICAL SKATING ASSESSMENT
Any skill from Level I or Level II may be tested and a high level of performance is expected on each skill.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENTS
Due to the expense and travel cost involved in bringing in international examiners for this program, a decision regarding the viability of running the course will be made by 1st July. The following payment options are proposed:
1. PAYING IN FULL – early payment will get generous discounts.
2. PAYMENT IN INSTALMENTS – this can be arranged at the time of Registration
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE INSTRUCTORS OF GOOD STANDING AND CURRENT WITH
THEIR 2019 and/or 2020 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PAID UP AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.